Project: MSF Europe Migration/ Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Provide psychological and psycho-educational sessions (individual, family and group) to migrants population in Lesbos, according to MSF principles and protocols in order to improve the patients’ mental health. The psychological consultation can be provided in any refugees Camps or in the MSF Clinical Center in Mytilini.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary.
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions.
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Health care providers should be able to handle patients with severe symptoms and assure multi-disciplinary follow up.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Psychology. License to practice as psychologist
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Clinical Psychologist
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset
- Languages: English language essential, French is an asset
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Relocation package
- Private insurance
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code «Psychologist Lesbos» in the subject line of the e-mail:
Closing Date: 20/12/2017
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality